[FFmpeg-devel] looking for comparison of intrinsics vs hand written asm

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Oct 30 16:34:04 CET 2009

Moin,

I had discussion with some prof about code optimization
and it came to a point where we disagreed on how big
the difference between intrinsics and hand written asm
is. I was quite sure that i've seen somewhere such a comparison,
done by someone with a clue (ie both intrinsics and asm had
a good quality), but cannot find anything anymore.

Hence, i'd like to ask if someone has such a comparison.
If possible also against intrinsics compiled with icc.

Thanks

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin