[FFmpeg-devel] Memory allocation failure

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Sep 6 23:52:40 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 11:41:18PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While testing some memory allocation failures I thought about checking
> how far FFmpeg goes without segfaulting when some av_malloc() call
> fails.
>
> With malloc_errors_test.diff I tested from 1 up to 127 and then got
> bored. In malloc_errors.diff there are the changes I was making. Some
> were trivial, some I didn't know what to do and just commented on.
> Thoroughly checking for malloc return value errors would take so long
> I gave up.

feel free to commit what you are sure is correct
(for example a *exit() in ffmpeg.c cant be too wrong ...)

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates