[FFmpeg-devel] Indeo3 replacement, part 2

Maxim max_pole
Tue Sep 22 00:09:23 CEST 2009

Hello guys,

this is my 2nd try to submit the patch replacing the existing indeo3
decoder.
As with my 1st patch I supply the sources directly instead of the
unified diff because "svn diff" produces a huge file that will be
blocked by the ffmpeg's mail server...

Below a small overview of what is done:
- the source was completely rewritten to use AV_RNxx/AV_WNxx macros.
This makes the whole stuff more readable...
- code merging in order to eliminate duplications
- use of dsputils code whenever possible
- the source uses the ffmpeg's bitreader for parsing the binary trees
- better error handling (fewer asserts) allowing resync after errors
- a lot of cosmetics (indentations, alignments, renaming)
- tested on PPC. Status -> working

I tried to take each comment into account! If anything wasn't changed it
means it most likely couldn't be changed!

Waiting for further reviews (please cosmetics in a last step!)

Regards
Maxim