[FFmpeg-devel] Report on a legal issue in Computer Science

Steve Jiekak devaureshy
Mon Sep 28 14:54:01 CEST 2009

Hi, I am a master student at EPFL in Switzerland,
and I need to write a paper on a legal issue in computer science.
Actually i've been using a bit some libraries and application and precisely
open-source libraries. I need an advice or a topic which can be worth to
work
in, can help the open-source community or just something which can aware
consumers or people from academia.

For example, when working with FFmpeg and live555, i noticed a problem about
people selling  illegally software with free libraries (GNU, etc..) into it.
I was also interested by the "Treaty on the Protection of Broadcasting
Organizations" of
the WIPO "http://wwwDOTeffDOTorg/issues/wipo_broadcast_treaty".

SO this is the kind of think I would like to talk about, and I want just to
study one issue, and not
goes on many different issues in my report.

Best Regards,
Steve Jiekak
steve.jiekak at epfl.ch
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
sin.epfl.ch