[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] eval API review

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Apr 3 02:11:25 CEST 2010

On date Friday 2010-04-02 15:27:35 -0400, Ronald S. Bultje encoded:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Stefano Sabatini
> > <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> >> Michael also mentioned that he wanted to review the API before to make
> >> it public, follows an attempt at it.
> >
> > In several places, the string "identifers" occurs. This should be "identifiers".
> >
> > The API is undoubtedly very powerful, but I have no idea what it does.
> > I'd write a sample chunk of code and put it in the comments. Without
> > that, I have no idea what I'd use this for or what to review it for.
> > I'd just say it looks very complex.
>
> void av_free_eval_expr(AVEvalExpr *expr);
>
> Where is the init()?

New version with some doxy fixes and extensions.

And I'm not very fond of putting example code in the doxy, much better
is to check real uses of the API, that's usually far no more than a
grep.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Friendly Fantastic Mournful Prodigious Empowered Glue