[FFmpeg-devel] [patch] mjpeg restart marker parsing

Tom Harper d.thomas.harper
Sat Apr 3 06:35:10 CEST 2010

re:
On 3/31/2010 3:23 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> I would prefer it without the next_restart_marker related code.
> if you want we could print all restart marker values if
> debug&  FF_DEBUG_STARTCODE is set, but that should be a seperate patch

My test sample has restart markers every 10 macroblocks, any sort of
logging would not be very useful unless the restart markers were
incorrect.  At 720p/30fps such logging would render any other debugging
info useless.  I don't see why the patch has to be re-written, given
that it is technically correct and informs you if the input is wrong?
Without the next marker code you would never know this.

Tom