[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Move is-align-a-power-of-two test up

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Mon Apr 5 00:43:33 CEST 2010

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 05:42:43PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> > > $ icc align.c -c -ipo
> > > (succeeds and builds align.o)
> > > $ icc align.o
> > > ipo: remark #11001: performing single-file optimizations
> > > ipo: remark #11005: generating object file /tmp/ipo_iccWkeAyV.o
> > > /tmp/iccTgD2V5as_.s: Assembler messages:
> > > /tmp/iccTgD2V5as_.s:13: Error: alignment not a power of 2
> > > icc: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation
> > > (code 1)
> >
> > Do you have any idea why this is so?
>
> My guess: In this mode, icc only generates some intermediate code but no
> actual object code and does the real optimization, converting to asm
> and then to object code at the linking stage.

And without knowing much about compilers, I don't understand how ipo should work
differently.
So should I move the test up and override it or should the test be changed to
actually compile an executable (or a shared library)?

M?ns, could you add an --ar switch to configure? I did not succeed...

Carl Eugen