[FFmpeg-devel] add MJPEG support into RTP output

Nash Tsai nash.tsai
Fri Apr 9 04:05:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> On 08/04/10 16:29, Luca Abeni wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Unfortunately, it seems that vlc does not like this stream (it prints
>> some errors, and does not display the video).
>> So, I suppose that setting q, type and tspec to 0 maybe is not a good
>> idea.
>> Or maybe the JPEG bitstream has to be processed somehow before inserting
>> it in the RTP payload (I did not read RFC 2435 yet).
>
> Ok; after a quick look at the RFC, it seems to me that "type" must be set to
> 0 for the YUV422 pixel format, and to 1 for YUV420. Moreover, the JPEG
> header should be removed from the payload (it is reconstructed by the
> depacketiser based on the payload header).

Can you specify which part of RFC states JPEG header should be removed
from the payload, although it is true that depacketiser is able to
reconstruct the whole JPEG image from RTP header with current
implementation?