[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 Small Task Orientation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Apr 19 18:12:28 CEST 2010

Hi Marcelo,

2010/4/18 Marcelo Galv?o P?voa <marspeoplester at gmail.com>:
> So, I've finished writing my sketch of an AMR-WB frame parser (it was
> not tested). That code is part of my "AMR-WB Decoder" submitted
> application for GSoC. Most of it was done based on last-year AMR-NB
> decoder implementation by Colin McQuillan and under orientation of his
> and my would-be mentor, Robert Swain.
>
> I would gratefully accept any review, comment, critical feedback, etc.
[..]
>     /* AMR-WB header */
>     c->fr_cur_mode = get_bits(&gb, 4);
>     mode = c->fr_cur_mode;
>     c->fr_quality = get_bits1(&gb);

Align these statements, so the '=' is vertically aligned, that makes
it easier to read.

>     skip_bits(&gb, 3);

Please add a comment what you're skipping here, i.e. what are those bits?

I'll see if I can hook up opencore and this one and then confirm that
bitstream unpacking is identical. It'd be good if you would try that
too.

Ronald