[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removing non-pthreads support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Apr 20 08:04:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:55:27PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Does a plain build, with dynamically linked systems libs, work
> correctly?  Pure static builds can fail in crazy ways with glibc too
> (thanks a lot, Drepper), so I'm not terribly concerned if this case
> requires an extra hack or two.  What does the ffmpeg patch look like?

Well, so far static builds seem to be working with 0 issues, at least
MPlayer for Windows has since ages been a single binary.
I'm already not happy about people having to install extra dependencies
since it's such a pain for MinGW, and I really dislike if it's not working
at all.
I know none if this is "our" fault, but still.
I don't fully understand why the maintenance burden for this is an issue now,
IIRC I was the last one to touch it and it was ages ago. Contrary to the BeOS
support the Windows support is at least something I can test...