[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removing non-pthreads support

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Wed Apr 21 01:36:23 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Gianluigi Tiesi <mplayer at netfarm.it> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:20:09PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Gianluigi Tiesi <mplayer at netfarm.it> writes:
>> >
>> > the dep is not false :D
>>
>> How the f*ck does a threading library end up depending on a socket
>> library?
>

> void * pthread_getspecific (pthread_key_t key)
>
> int lasterror = GetLastError ();
> int lastWSAerror = WSAGetLastError ();
> ptr = TlsGetValue (key->key);
> SetLastError (lasterror);
> WSASetLastError (lastWSAerror);

Right, and my patch does
     {
       int lasterror = GetLastError ();
-      int lastWSAerror = WSAGetLastError ();

       ptr = TlsGetValue (key->key);

       SetLastError (lasterror);
-      WSASetLastError (lastWSAerror);
     }

Now where's the WSA dependency? If you wish you may also add a GDI
dependency there, it will still be a false dependency.

I'm still waiting for your reproducible testcase which proves those
lines are necessary...