[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg adaptation to use CrystalHD hardware

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Apr 22 20:24:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:03:00AM +0100, Luis Moreira wrote:
> I set data, linesize, pict_type,
> reference, type, qscale_type, coded_picture_number, qstride and age.

Normally you should _not_ set most of these, you should call get_frame to
get a frame with data, linesize etc. set and then use those values to
write the data to the appropriate location.

> I thought of another possibility... Since I am setting age to current time,
> maybe when the player sees the frame it is already in the past, and discards
> it... this could be true if the frames were scheduled.

Documentation for this field says:
> decoding: MUST be set by get_buffer().
So if you are setting it in your codec that is wrong according to the current API.
Obviously the API can be changed, but only after it is proven that it has to be.