[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removing non-pthreads support

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sat Apr 24 17:49:33 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM, avcoder <ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.polla at gmail.com>wrote:
>> >
>> > I suggested this removal because I want less code to maintain. ?If
>> > pthreads is adequate, there is no reason to bulk up our code with
>> > support for other threading models.
>>
>> There seems to be a 1:1 mapping using condition variables (but I haven't
>> tested)
>> pthread_cond_signal -> WakeConditionVariable
>> pthread_cond_broadcast -> WakeAllConditionVariable
>
> WakeConditionVariable() and WakeAllConditionVariable() need Windows
> Server 2008 or higher

Hm, I had looked at one of the API calls and saw it was supported on
Vista, and thought all others were also supported from Vista. Still,
they should be supported in Windows 7 and are worth considering...