[FFmpeg-devel] MEncoder and encoders in Debian

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre
Tue Aug 3 04:11:16 CEST 2010

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:19:36 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> It seems what I started more than 5 years ago by working towards the
> inclusion of MPlayer into Debian has finally come to complete
> fruition:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mplayer/news/20100801T153332Z.html
>
> Reinhard's MPlayer package complete with MEncoder has been accepted by
> the ftpmasters.

Congrats, that's very good news

> In a short while FFmpeg complete with all encoders,
> Xvid, x264, LAME and whatnot will be following.

And that's even better, however I couldn't find anything related to
this on the debian BTS, was there public discussion of this somewhere,
or will the surprise come at the next apt-get update ?

> Many thanks to everybody involved, Reinhard especially...

Nice work, thanks as well

--
Rafa?l Carr?