[FFmpeg-devel] [patch]add mmsh protocol and extract common code for mmst.c

zhentan feng spyfeng
Wed Aug 4 03:23:18 CEST 2010

Hi

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Zhentan,
>
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM, zhentan feng <spyfeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> > #1 patch is extracted common code from mmst.c into mms.c and mms.h to be
> > used by mmsh.c
>
> - MMSContext should be embedded in MMSTContext, it shouldn't be a
> pointer as it is now. If you need a pointer, use &mmst->mms.
> - don't call the variable (in functions) mmst_ctx. Just mmst is fine.
> We know it's a context from the type. If you call it mms, you get the
> added benefit of not having to change each function call and function
> header, so I'd go for that.
> - There is no reason why you would move the definition in mmst.c,
> right now you're moving it, causing every line within MMS.Context to
> appear in the diff. There is no reason for this.

could you please explain this? which definitions should not be moved?

- ff_mms_*() should be a separate patch.
> - send_media_packet_request() and clear_stream_buffers() are moved,
> that should be separated
> [..]

I'll roll back to the svn version and submit it step by step.
thanks.

zhentan
--
Best wishes~