[FFmpeg-devel] [patch]add mmsh protocol and extract common code for mmst.c

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Aug 19 18:50:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 02:01:12PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Stefano Sabatini
> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> > BTW why are you using a NULL context? Would be possible to use a
> > context associated with the protocol? (IIRC rtmp.c already does that.)
>
> No, I've discussed this before, but it needs an API bump. I'll fix all
> protocols I maintain (including mms*.c) once the API has been bumped.

Instead of posponing this, you could replace the NULL context by:
  FF_API_URL_CLASS ? mms : NULL
This might look slightly ugly (?) but this way we are at least sure that
we won't forget about it.

But anyway, as long as you plan to maintain this, do what fits you best.

Aurel