[FFmpeg-devel] Online converter using ffmpeg

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Tue Aug 24 11:53:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 22:01 +0200, Tanguy Sauvin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I made a converter using ffmpeg and I was wondering if it was possible to
> integrate this page: http://www.ffmpeg.org/projects.html
>
> This is the converter I made:
> http://www.files-conversion.com
>
> I tried to make it free of charge and with nearly no ad, I hope you will
> think it is useful.
>
> Thank you for your work this software is great, I thanked Fabrice Bellard
> too, you do great job guys.
>
> Nice day,
>
> Tanguy

Cool. Tried it, seemed to work fairly well. Haven't tried without
Javascript though. I use NoScript at home.

Some feedback:

You should inform the user of which codecs you're using at least for AVI
and MOV. Usually these containers contain a rather heterogeneous mix of
codecs in the wild - the most common being divx variants and msmpeg4v2,
and mp3 (I think).

You might want to make sure people's uploads/converted files don't
collide filename-wise.

I can't find any mention of FFmpeg anywhere. I suspect a link to
ffmpeg.org is required if you want to be linked in return. It's also a
good idea since more savvy users just figure "aha, it takes anything
ffmpeg takes".

/Tomas