[FFmpeg-devel] [GIT] ready by the weekend

Rob robert.swain
Wed Dec 1 22:24:17 CET 2010

On 1 December 2010 22:00, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 12/1/10 9:23 PM, compn wrote:
>>
>> well i've never used git soo... maybe i should stop buggin you.
>
> If we assume that the basics are given, then it's a good time to be a good
> test and learn at least what's origin ^^
>
> If we should assume this doc should get people from a totally clean slate,
> then your comments are quite useful =)
>
>> but i think reimar and i were hoping for an agreed upon set of policies
>> wrt reverting, git-notes, etc
>
> In this regard would be better if everybody willing to give an input first
> learn how to use git and then proposes =\

I know how to use git and I think it's easier to unwittingly screw up
with git and end up with no feet. ;) So, personally I think it's good
to have this guide be quite detailed and explicit and perhaps have a
warning that if people are unsure, they should ask.

I can quite well imagine someone screwing up a bit and making
something messy happen in the public repo and then someone who knows
how to use git exploding all over them for doing so. Or people may be
more tolerant of mistakes and we just fix them as we go, I dunno.

Regards,
Rob