[FFmpeg-devel] [GIT] ready by the weekend

Rob robert.swain
Thu Dec 2 08:36:19 CET 2010

On 2 December 2010 08:30, Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 10:39:42PM +0100, Rob wrote:
>> >
>> > Can we disable push -f? (and possibly only allow someone with the role
>> > of admin to do it)
>>
>> Yes, you can disable non-fastforward commits in the repository's config.
>
> Well, so far "push -f" still is the "recommended" way of fixing
> mistakes, by my understanding of the comments the last discussion
> got.

I think a better way is to make a new commit to the repo and not allow
non-fastforward commits that could screw up the repo. I don't think
you can restrict non-fastforward commits to particular users but maybe
I'm wrong. If not and we want to be able to fix mistakes, maybe the
staging repo is a must and only certain trusted people can merge stuff
between the staging repo and the main repo.

Regards,
Rob