[FFmpeg-devel] [POC] SDL display lavfi sink

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Dec 3 18:49:03 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 06:50:17PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this turns ffmpeg into a video player :=).
>
> Unfortunately I discovered it isn't as useful as I thought, as SDL
> doesn't support multiple windows and so it crashes when used within
> ffplay (well it exactly crashes when you have more than one SDL window
> instance in the same application, also looks like it can't figure out
> when this happens), nonetheless it can be incredibly useful e.g. when
> debugging libavcodec/avformat.

could you try commenting code out until the crash goes away so we know what
is the line that makes it crash ?

> Maybe someone can suggest a better widget library supporting multiple
> windows (or even better implement a corresponding sink).

anything is better than SDL
straight X11 is probably the obvious choice

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope