[FFmpeg-devel] HLS problem

Martin Storsjö martin
Sun Dec 5 12:40:10 CET 2010

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, aviad rozenhek wrote:

> I have an HLS stream sample, which is validated as working properly on a
> [mac] quicktime player [only the mac players supports HLS]
> however it doesnt play correctly in ffplay, and outputs some weird errors.

In which way doesn't it play correctly in ffplay? It seems to play just
fine to me, except that the server feeds data too slowly to be played back
properly here. With QuickTime Player, it seems to buffer much more data
before starting to play it. If I pause it in ffplay and allow it to buffer
up a bit more data before continuing, it plays just fine. I do get the
same errors, though.

Also, the stream is weird. It lacks the #EXT-X-ENDLIST tag, indicating
that it is a non-live, finished stream, so both libavformat's code and
QuickTime Player start near the end of the clip, and try to reload it
regularly to find new segments, even if no new segments show up.

// Martin