[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning failure on Android

Martin Storsjö martin
Wed Dec 8 10:37:56 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Martin Storsj? wrote:

> Anyone else more familiar with the runtime linker that can guess what's
> going wrong, or are in favor of or oppose adding a configure flag for
> disabling the symbol versioning?

What's going wrong seems to simply be that the android/bionic runtime
linker doesn't support symbol versioning at all, the toolchain seems to
produce correct binaries.

Attached is two patch suggestions implementing this. The first one works
by setting --target-os=linux-android, and disabling symbol versioning in
that case. The other one checks if $cross_prefix includes androideabi. An
even more accurate, but more messy, solution would be to link a full
binary, then examine the built binary and see if it specifies
/system/bin/linker as its dynamic linker. (I'm not totally sure of how to
achieve that cleanly, though.)

// Martin