[FFmpeg-devel] HLS problem

Martin Storsjö martin
Wed Dec 8 11:18:14 CET 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, aviad rozenhek wrote:

> you are probably correct that the playback problems i'm seeing are due to
> buffering issues, but still the slew of aac decoding error logs is
> worrisome. do you think its a bug in the aac encoder, missing data, or
> what?!?
> my tests show that the aac error logs still happen when I let ffplay buffer
> for a long time before playing.

Not sure what these come from. You could download all the mpegts segment
files from a playlist, concatenate them to a long .ts file, and play back
that, and you probably get the same errors. If you hand that file to
someone more knowledgeable on AAC and mpegts, they may be able to give a
better verdict on the issue.

// Martin