[FFmpeg-devel] port mplayer eq filter to libavfilter

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Dec 8 21:32:14 CET 2010

On 12/8/10 4:01 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Broken ported code should be fixed before integratio, but optims
> should IMO go in separate commits, this will achieve two objectives:
>
> * it is easy to compare and track the changes between the original
>    code and the ported one
> * less work for the porter and for the reviewers, if he's interested
>    he can do further optimization changes later.
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to require more and more to the
> contributor, this usually ends up with the contributor giving up and
> with no integrated code at all (and waste of time of both the
> contributor and the reviewers).

Ideally the best would have staging/public local trees just to help
getting the code polished so people could have a quicker way to get more
people work on the same code.

lowering the bar would give more headaches in the future, as the swscale
import-as-it-is shown.

I do agree there is a balance but we should try to use better tools to
achieve the same target IMHO.

lu - yes I'm mentioning git features here.