[FFmpeg-devel] port mplayer eq filter to libavfilter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Dec 9 06:26:55 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 10:18:20PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 07:16:40AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > [...]
> >> (The problem I see here is tons of broken ports going into our broken
> >> SVN, and then people that complain about brokenness - like me or Mans
> >> in the past - will be expected to fix it. Or worse, it just won't
> >> happen, and ffmpeg will become as broken as mplayer is today.)
> >
> > what brokenness of mplayer do you refer to (in respect to video filters) ?
>
> Mixing of C code and ASM. It's a bad idea.

bad idea is oppinion aka bikeshed, not saying i disagree or agree on that
oppinion just saying that thats a bit weak to call it broken IMHO

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.