[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] unix socket protocol and our proto situation

aviad rozenhek aviadr1
Wed Dec 15 12:31:51 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 20:29, JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> [...]
The 64k socket buffer asked for by ffmpeg is too small, especially when
using higher bitrate streams like 10mbps and up.
using 250k is much more reasonable IMHO and works much better.
using a tight loop to read from the socket improves on the current
situation, but does not fix it.
increasing the buffer size solves it completely, and requires no code.