[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Negative Bitrate Assertion Error

Martin Storsjö martin
Sun Dec 19 21:33:58 CET 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, David Czech wrote:

> >> -            bit_rate += st->codec->bit_rate;
> >> +                bit_rate += st->codec->bit_rate;
> >
> >Most people here believe that not re-indenting this line makes the patch
> more
> >readible.
>
> I don't think I understand, I should keep the if and the code on the same
> indent level? I see other if statements in a similar style
> (utils.c:1858-1861) But here it is anyway...

The point is to avoid reindenting lines in functional patches, to make it
clearer for reviewers that nothing is changed on those lines. After
committing the patches, we reindent such lines in a separate,
cosmetic-only commit, so you mostly don't see such incorrectly indented
code in the normal code.

// Martin