[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] How to fix DR+lavfi+vflip crash

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Dec 28 05:00:36 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:43:32PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:39:53PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >> On date Monday 2010-12-27 20:14:00 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:

> >> put_pixels16_sse2() is assuming some kind of 16-bit alignment for the
> >> value in pixels, it doesn't crash when the y pad value is a multiple
> >> of 16.
> >
> > do you plan to put this in the documentation? ;)

> >> Uh what's this a sort of bargain? The problems look completely
> >> unrelated.
> >
> > It doesnt crash for me with vflip, just without :)
> > and you provide no gdb output so theres not much i can do about vflip+pad.
> > I do need a reproduceable testcase & gdb output first.
> > I can fix pad and alignment if you dont know how to do it ...
>
> Can we please force 16-byte alignment on buffers allocated within lav*?

We already have that except when pad/crop is used.
for them 16byte alignment means memcpy if their parameters arenr multiple of
16
we should be able to handle this easily with adding some flag in line of
negative linesizes thus avoiding the copy when the next filter doesnt need
alignment.
But its not the only possible solution ...

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato