[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: CrystalHD decoder support

Philip Langdale philipl
Tue Dec 28 19:06:20 CET 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:28:42 +0100
Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se> wrote:

> On 12/28/2010 07:38 AM, Philip Langdale wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is an update of my previously posted diff against mplayer
> > for a native mplayer codec implementation. I've ported it to work
> > directly against ffmpeg and improved its behaviour significantly
> > in the interim period.
> >
> > The Broadcom CrystalHD chips are standalone video decoders that
> > decode video frames to system memory. As such, they are independent
> > of the GPU and usually appear as mini-card addons to laptops and
> > small form factor desktops. There are fully open-source drivers and
> > userspace libraries for Linux and OSX (and I guess windows too).
>
> Great work looks promising! But I got this error when trying with
> recent trunk:
>
> CC libavcodec/crystalhd.o
> In file included from libavcodec/crystalhd.c:31:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.3/include/emmintrin.h:34:3: error:
> #error "SSE2 instruction set not enabled"
> libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ?print_frame_info?:
> libavcodec/crystalhd.c:211: warning: format ?%lu? expects type ?long
> unsigned int?, but argument 4 has type ?uint64_t?
> libavcodec/crystalhd.c: In function ?memcpy_pic?:
> libavcodec/crystalhd.c:254: warning: cast discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> make: *** [libavcodec/crystalhd.o] Error 1
>
> I'm compiling on an Atom cpu with Ubuntu, just commenting the
> emmintrin.h line seems to work fine. And the first warning should be
> easy to fix.

emmintrin.h isn't actually needed. That's left over from when I had my
own fast_memcpy implementation in there, so I'll remove it, and I'll
take care of the warnings.

--phil