[FFmpeg-devel] rtp streaming x264+audio issues (and some ideas to fix them)

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Feb 8 15:58:43 CET 2010

Hi Luca,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Luca Abeni wrote:

> So, I'll commit this patch (well, not really this patch... But something
> similar: if first_rtcp_ntp_time is initialised in rtp_write_header(),
> then rtcp_send_sr() can be simplified) soon, unless anyone disagrees.
> Martin, can you see problems with requiring that the calls to
> rtp_write_header() happen in a short time? Does this requirement create
> problems to your RTSP muxer?

No, I don't see any immediate problems with requiring the calls to happen
in a short time.

Currently, the streams may be offset by quite a bit of time (e.g. the
duration that is buffered within the RTP muxer before the first packet is
sent, for audio, plus any encoder delay), so this is definitely better.

It doesn't cause any problems for the RTSP muxer either, so it's OK as far
as I'm concerned.

// Martin