[FFmpeg-devel] CrystalHD support status

Bill b_smith
Sat Feb 13 08:41:28 CET 2010

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Ant? Santos wrote:
>> Mike didn't go wrong... The thing here is that he didn't try to use
>> the Broadcom with XBMC. He was just trying to compile the example that is
>
> I should probably update the post to indicate that I did get XBMC
> compiled eventually. And it only locked up my Eee PC so hard that I had
> to yank the battery.
>
> I transferred the CrystalHD card to a more powerful machine today. It
> had the same problem as the first machine I tried-- prevented booting.

You might have a defective card, I have the CrystalHD working fine on
Mandriva Linux 2010.0 (which alread has packaged up drivers in the
official repo) with recent XBMC svns (self compiled).
This is on a Intel D945GSEJT mobo (Atom N270 cpu) with 1GB RAM playing
untouched BD 1080p backups (original M2TS files and remuxed to MKV).

The Crystal HD support in XBMC is not perfect yet, there still are some
issues (lip-sync was fixed recently but some framerate regression was
introduced), but at this stage it's looking very good already and the
card certainly is capable of doing what i promises.

Scott Davilla from the XBMC project is the main driver behind this and
as far as I understand it, he has even started a google group for
helping developers of other projects but so far no one has posted there yet:
http://groups.google.com/group/crystalhd-development/topics