[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync with PTS/DTS

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Feb 17 23:27:58 CET 2010

Hi Mike, Ben, Michael,

On 02/17/2010 01:20 PM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Mike Scheutzow wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 12:52:32PM -0500, Mike Scheutzow wrote:
>>> One solution would be to add a new feature to the mpeg-ts mux so that
>>> the initial PCR can be specified by the caller (using metadata?) or
>>> maybe calculated from the first DTS received.
>>> I'll work on a patch if Baptiste indicates he is OK with the concept.
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> iam not baptiste but i think
>>> 1. we need VBR support
>>> 2. its the muxers job to figure all timestamps out from the DTS/PTS
>>>     do proper interleaving and all that in a fully system/video/audio
>>>     compliant way (as long as the codec streams are compliant)
>>> 3. only add minimal overhead
>>>
>>> our PS muxer can do all that,what is so different on TS that the existing
>>> code from our PS muxer cannot just be used?
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> I certainly agree with (2) and (3). I was hoping we'd hear from
>> Baptiste, but it's been 10 days now, without comment from him on any of
>> these topics.
>>
>> I am interested in helping improve the mpegts muxer, but it seems
>> pointless for me to contribute patches when the maintainer won't respond
>> or show any interest.
>>
>> Mike Scheutzow
>
> Baptiste is missing in action, most likely on vacation.

I think Michael points are exactly right. IMHO:
1) is the first priority.
2) is mandatory.
3) is the goal, but sometimes it might not be possible to accomodate all
equipments requirements.

Any work on the TS muxer is very welcome, and thanks a lot Mike for
showing interest in it.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER