[FFmpeg-devel] Bug in the mpeg-ts writer code

Yann Coupin yann.coupin+ffmpeg
Thu Feb 18 01:21:07 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Baptiste Coudurier <
baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com> wrote:

> The patch is good, however the first cc will be 1, I'd prefer if it would
> be 0.

I realized that but neither VLC (not sure I should consider VLC as an
analyzer though) nor this other analyser[1] complained about it. And while I
didn't do it myself, I got positive reports about files generated after the
patch was applied while files generated before both this fix and the one
about CBR padding had errors according to the cisco analyzer. On top of
that, and I can totally be wrong here, I thought that in a real life
broadcasting scenario, you?d be lucky to tune to a given stream and get a
packet with a cc equal to 0 so I don't think it's really problematic. If you
think it can cause problems, it's easy to correct by initializing the cc to
15 instead of 0 and it will wrap and be equal to 0 after the first
incrementation. Or do think it's a hack and it should be done differently?

Yann

[1] http://www.pjdaniel.org.uk/mpeg/index.php