[FFmpeg-devel] Small Task M95 playback system for GSOC10

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Feb 22 12:07:22 CET 2010

On date Monday 2010-02-22 09:14:53 +0100, Federico encoded:
> Hi everybody,
> I am a student and I'd like to participate in GSOC10.
> For Small Tasks I selected to implement the M95 playback system ( I
> hope is simply enough :P).

> I'm new to ffmpeg codebase and I already have some questions: for the
> M95 video codec I need to register the codec first, but in
> libavcodec/avcodec.h there isn't the CODEC_ID for M95. Plus the wiki
> and the file itself say changing/adding codec id to the list will
> brake binary compatibility, so how can I insert the M95 codec?

Codec ids are sparsely placed, so you can insert it in one of the gap
not yet filled, or just at the end.

> Another question: In the m95 wiki page there is a table of the frame
> description but there are a lot of unknown offset. Are these offset
> useless or I have to use them somehow to decode the files?

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Frenzy and Fast Marvellous Pitiless Erratic Governor