[FFmpeg-devel] Hi Request for Small Tasks for GSoC 2010

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Mon Feb 22 19:04:33 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM, shankhs ch <shankhsps at gmail.com> wrote:
> So does that mean :
> a. I won't get the project (In that case I have to start looking for another
> project)
> OR
> b. I need to submit the patch faster than anybody ( I should start working
> on the problem)

Nobody gets the project until we know how many slots Google gives us.
Right now, mentoring orgs haven't even signed up yet, so nothing can
be promised.

Under normal circumstances, students showing good skills tend to be
accepted by us, as long as there's no project duplications.  If there
is, we will pick whoever is the best. If you think you're better than
Zhentan, go try it and we'll see. If you're not sure, I'd recommend
picking another project. :-).

Ronald