[FFmpeg-devel] network blocking

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Feb 26 19:07:53 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 07:55:01AM +0000, Tamas Selmeci wrote:
> Since the application should provide quite fast responses to such
> events, the current behaviour is not adequate. Those calls return
> after a lot of seconds, meanwhile my application (the related
> thread) is blocked.

As Ronald said there is a solution and I'm not convince that libav-user
wouldn't have been a better place to ask.
Apart from that I doubt this or fiddling with timeouts is a good solution
(though you did not mention what the real problem you are trying to solve is),
both approaches are breaking your application with any kind of unreliable internet
connection (yes, there are internet connections that might take 20 seconds or more
to connect but otherwise can still flawlessly play a mp3 stream).