[FFmpeg-devel] H263/MPEG4 split

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 7 21:51:14 CET 2010

Hi

Iam currently trying to split the mpeg4 encoder & decoder off h263
Please dont do avoidable changes to related files currently

Also the changes will likely be quite big. And i will add ff_ prefixes
to things later (i could in theory do all the ff_ stuff first and
commit the rest later but its alot of extra work with very little gain)

Current status being that the decoder is split fully, the encoder is still
#included in h263.c and compilation passed but regression tests fail

I dont plan to do benchmarks because my change should not affect speed
except in terms of gcc messing up and thats not different from just
using a different gcc version. If someone wants me to do benchmarks
anyway say it now and say what i should test.

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"