[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010 is coming

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Jan 30 16:01:27 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 01:53:53AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> My point still stands for FLAC and vorbis though ;)

Given the overall number of formats in FFmpeg that's almost
statistically insignificant :-).
Also in some ways the vorbis encoder IIRC was also supposed to
become a testbed for psy models.
Also there's also a question: would we have been able to easily
get those external libraries to work and be regularly tested like this:
http://fate.multimedia.cx/
I know how horribly about 90% of all projects fail when you try to
use them on some unusual system - not to mention that (almost?) all those
codecs gain from improving e.g. mathops.h, if they are separate libraries
any such improvements would have to be ported first.