[FFmpeg-devel] Democratic election of the server admins

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Jul 4 01:23:33 CEST 2010

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 12:01:32AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> > I belive that ffmpeg as fundamentally democratic project
>>
>> Nobody ever voted to make you the "leader".

Let me clarify that I fully respect Michael's expertise in many
technical areas.  Without his careful scrutiny, FFmpeg would not be
what it is today.

> Well, either way I vote for there to be even less votes.
> _Particularly_ about people.
> However asking for other people who are interested and
> qualified in the job isn't a bad idea, if there's someone
> among those who can finally make MPlayer's HTML-man-page
> generation working again without making any other roots
> angry he/she/it gets my vote :-)

Anyone is always free to volunteer for any task he feels a need for.
In fact, there are many people with limited access to the server
beyond the three root admins.  Michael should know this as he is one
of them.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com