[FFmpeg-devel] [issue2079] ffplay: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer

U. George netbeans
Wed Jul 7 20:36:21 CEST 2010

On 07/07/2010 01:13 PM, Carl Eugene Homos wrote:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos<cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at>  added the comment:
>
> No ffmpeg output for latest svn provided, no crash for ffmoeg.
> (And works for me.)
I'm not sure why you state this, but what you specifically requested is
in the bug report/log.
If there was something else u needed, you could have made that request,
But I suppose it was more important to quickly close ( less that 6 hours
on the board ) this issue than provide a proper analysis.

> Note that the sample can't be easily played in real-time using ffplay, so maybe
> there is an issue if ffplay starts to drop frames (but looking at the original
> output, that seems unlikely).
Not interested if it can be played in real time. I am interested if the
file can be properly processed. Thus far ffplay does not display
anything other than a black screen. And then it dies with a malloc issue.

> status: open ->  closed
> substatus: needs_more_info ->  invalid

One have to really consider why one would spend any time in reporting
issues with the programs ffmpeg handles.