[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] 1st/3rd person doxy

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 9 05:05:47 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 07:08:14PM -0700, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > i get no free time and no sleep :(
> > heres the vote about the most important bikeshed this year.
> >
> > following options exist, also our script can handle people dynamically
> > adding new options and options rated equal but it cant handle it if you
> > dont duplicate my typos so copy & paste them.
> >
> > things should be listed and numbered in order of preferrance, with most
> > favored at the top
> > voting method in case they differ is the schulze methode and voting
> > application is svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/michael/trunk/ffvotetov
> >
> > 1. add a 1st person rule to policy
> > 2. 1st or 3rd person as the maintainer prefers, no addition to policy needed
> > 3. add a 3rd person rule to policy
> > 4. further discussion
> > 5. add a 1st person perogative rule to policy
>
> 6.  Votes like this are stupid.
>
> If 6) wins, everyone involved in this debate is required to shut up about it.

This vote is pretty much a question from me, what people want. A fair
counting of what the majority wants. Id like to have the style of doxy
what the majority prefers. Its ok if the majority "doesnt care"
but then they should not come and complain after the vote.

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.