[FFmpeg-devel] [patch]add a guid for asf header parser

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri Jul 9 17:59:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 01:01:14AM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:
>> hi
>> The fist patch handle more guid when parse the asf header.
>> The second patch add_time_test_data packet(make it strictly match with the
>> spec).
>>
>> I meant to extract the common code from mmst.c and mmsh.c 3 days ago.
>> So I paln to test mmst protocol with the link [1], unfortunately, [1]
>> doesn't work any more, the server is down.
>> then I tried to find anther mmst link from Internet. mmst links are really
>> rare.
>> I only found [2]. However, it doesn't work with current mmst.c version in
>> ffmpeg trunk.
>> so I tried to fix the bug, then I have the 2 patches.
>>
>> btw: the server of [2] is not always stable, and because of the poor
>> connection too many retransmissions occurred.
>> could anyone give more mmst links for test?
>> thanks
>> zhentan
>>
>> [1]mmst://Mv-helix1.cwru.edu/a/physics/kavli_cerca_npr.wmv
>> [2]mmst://61.139.126.90/mtv
>> --
>> Best wishes~
>
>> ?asf.c ?| ? ?4 ++++
>> ?asf.h ?| ? ?1 +
>
> do we have a volunteer to maintain/review mms* ?
> id do it but i might need a bit time, the code needs some
> checking for buffer overflows and such ...

I volunteer, I'm currently working (besides other unrelated things) on
mmsh review and fixing some other outstanding bugs in mmst, I'll apply
the patches also but would like to make sure that mmst works for all
servers we know, and a couple don't work 100% yet.

Ronald