[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] New library for shared non-generic libav* utils

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 9 18:06:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 04:41:59PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
> > not a trashcan of what doesnt fit in the other libs due to
> > dependancies.
>
> If there is code you consider trash, would you kindly point it out so
> we can improve it?

theres alot of old and poorly written or designed code that people wanted
or did move to lavu
colorspace.h
is one example, its trash because what it supports is such a tiny subset of
colorspaces its just silly. just compare it to what you find in your next
iso video codec spec what all is stored about colorspace

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras