[FFmpeg-devel] compile issues under mingw-cross-env

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Jul 10 23:14:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 05:57:58PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 5:53 PM, John Calcote <john.calcote at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Wrong. ?strcasecmp() is part of C99 and on any conforming system is
> >> declared when using those flags.
> >>

> > I'm not seeing strcasecmp as being part of C99. I'm seeing it as being
> > part of POSIX 2001... Are you sure you're correct on this one? When I
> > google search strcasecmp and c99, I get very little information on the
> > pair. However, most of what I do get appear to be comments about how
> > ffmpeg doesn't compile under mingw.
>
> 'man standards' says:
> "POSIX.1-2001 is aligned with C99, so that all of the library
> functions standardised in C99 are also standardised in POSIX.1-1001."

That is the other way around from what the question is though, and
my man page only list strcmp as part of C99, not strcasecmp.
However we set the defines to request POSIX, and FFmpeg in general
requires POSIX.
However, I am quite convinced that all uses (except in ffsever) of
strcasecmp in FFmpeg are just plain _wrong_ and will break things
if a calling application uses setlocale.
For example, with TR_tr locale,
if (!strcasecmp(m->elems[j].key, "provider_name"))
will not match provIder_name.
I seriously doubt this can be considered correct behaviour,