[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] TS/DVB subtitle sub_id hack

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jul 12 00:43:50 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 03:33:00PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Even easier is to use codec_tag.
>
> I don't think extradata is a good idea. It makes applications do if
> codec_id == CODEC_ID_DVBSUB then set extradata which is more
> complicated than setting sub_id even if it does not conform to the
> documentation.

How is if (codec_id == CODEC_ID_DVBSUB) {misuse codec_tag}
significantly better?
And should all muxers then start to write those values as codec_tag?
Or should then all have a special case for DVBSUB as well?
I can't image misusing codec_tag as ending up as anything other
than quite painful.