[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] TS/DVB subtitle sub_id hack

Joakim Plate elupus
Mon Jul 12 11:57:36 CEST 2010

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > >Or should then all have a special case for DVBSUB as well?
> > >I can't image misusing codec_tag as ending up as anything other
> > >than quite painful.
> >
> > Like sub_id it is simpler, malloc is way more painful.

Please don't use codec_tag... Using extradata is seamless to most applications
that use lavf/lavc since they already pass that data along from demuxer
to codecs (well we already do anyway).

We have a hack in for sub_id, but extradata makes much more sence imho.

/Joakim