[FFmpeg-devel] About ffmpeg XAVS support.

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Tue Jul 13 08:38:37 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM, jianwen chen
<jianwen.chen.video at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I have developed a libxavs.c to make the ffmpeg can support ?XAVS encoding
> just like what they do for X264.
>
> The ?detailed information can be found at the following website:
> http://xavs.sourceforge.net/
> http://xavs.sourceforge.net/xavs_ffmpeg.html
>
> I want to know the process for how to check in the libxavs.c and some
> difference for Makefile ?to the ffmpeg source repository. ?I can send the
> code and all the related testing results to the administrator for further
> review.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Jianwen

x264 is a pretty awesome encoder.  Forks of x264 to produce valid
output for other video standards are fine too.

But can you not rip the authors' list out of every single file when
doing so? ( http://xavs.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xavs?view=revision&revision=6
)

Dark Shikari