[FFmpeg-devel] May RockPlayer be added to the FFmpeg-based Projects?

pin xue pinxue
Sat Jul 17 21:50:23 CEST 2010

Could you please give me a hint on "react" on that issue, is it enough to
provide an explanation? I believe the submitter doesn't understand LGPL at
all.

The "Maket Place" is running by Google instead of us. Could you please check
following text in LGPL 2.1, and ensure if it is acceptable that we told
users to install from Market in our website and provide the source code in
same website.

*4.* You may copy and distribute the Library (or a portion or derivative of
it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you accompany it with the complete
corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under
the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for
software interchange.

If distribution of object code is made by offering access to copy from a
designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code
from the same place satisfies the requirement to distribute the source code,
even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with
the object code.
It is a common practice to name this kind of page as tech in a website
facing consumer, if it does matter the license, we may figure a better name,
source sounds a bit strange as it doesn't equal to source code.

And I'm sorry for the way typing the name of FFmpeg project, I just tried to
emphasis the name.