[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] swscale regression tests

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Tue Jul 20 17:23:06 CEST 2010

On 07/20/2010 06:02 AM, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached an attempt at making swscale regression tests. This
> method creates one file for each input pixel format (currently 42) and
> compresses the output with bzip2. I have not tested with different
> platforms (x86_64 linux only yet), and IIRC it doesn't give the same
> result on all platforms. This is just a request for comments whether
> this approach is good. I have also removed the fast bilinear test
> since it works differently on many platforms and would make the
> regression tests more complex (like keeping one reference file for
> each platform).
>
> The output bzip2ed files add 280Kb of binary data to repository (5.6Mb
> uncompressed). As for disk usage (with 'du'), it takes 340Kb (5.8Mb
> uncompressed).

As far as I understood your patch, it will check swscale with a large
variety with flags and evaluate the SSE for each combination. Wouldn't
it make more sense in a first patch to check if output is bit-exact when
using the flag +bitexact (it would involve evaluating a MD5, not just a
SSE)?

-Vitor