[FFmpeg-devel] Palette support broken when using avcodec_copy_context

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Jul 30 11:05:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:48:08AM +0200, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:
> I have a problem with the palette support. Actually, the palctrl field in AVCodecContext is allocated and free by the demuxers (mov.c for example).
> If you use avcodec_copy_context, this field is set to NULL and so, the decoder crash when it try to access it.
> As this field is managed by the demuxer, it's not possible to copy it in avcodec_copy_context, else it will leaks (the demuxer will never free it).
>
> Has someone any idea about how to fix that ?

Yes, get rid of it. It is deprecated because it simply doesn't and can't work right.
You should be able to find some old patches for this around (I think over a year ago).